Translation of XML Files
XML files can be handled in Wordfast Pro as follows:
- You need first to have/create a rules (*.properties) file.
- Go to Edit menu > Preferences > Formats > New > Text-based Filter.
- Use the [...] button to browser for the "Conversion rules" (*.properties) file.
- Make sure the "Extension" textbox shows *.xml and save the settings (OK).
- You can change the filter name later.
- Now, you should be able to open the XML file in WFP (File menu > Open file).
This tutorial illustrates how to prepare a "conversion rules" (*.properties) file to handle XML files.
For practice, you can download example files.
--Yasmin Moslem 20 December 2011