Excluding Excel Columns/Rows in Wordfast Pro 5
To exclude certain rows and columns in Excel files, first make sure those rows and columns are hidden, then follow these steps:
- From the “Project List” view, go to Preferences by clicking the Wordfast Pro dropdown on the upper-left corner.
- Click Filters under “New Project Preferences”.
- Under “Available filters”, choose the filter that matches your Excel file format (such as .xlsm).
- In “Format Settings” box, make sure “Skip hidden rows and columns” is ticked.
- Click OK to save changes.
After creating a new project with these settings, hidden rows and columns will not be extracted for translation.
For complex Excel files, you can also use an XML configuration file to specify columns/rows to be translated. See the Translating Excel Files with Wordfast Pro 5 article for more information.
- Note that any changes made under “New Project Preferences” will only affect future projects. If you want to change the preferences of an existing project, you need to open the project first, then modify preferences under “Current Project Preferences”. Furthermore, when re-using a project as a template during the project creation wizard, the project being created will inherit the preferences of the re-used project.
Version: Wordfast Pro 5.7
Operating System: macOS
--Byron, 19 January 2019