Wordfast Live Online Training Sessions
Wordfast Online Training Events
Do you need to learn how to use Wordfast efficiently, and how to get the most out of its diverse preferences? We are organizing online training events on Wordfast to help translators explore its hidden worlds.
Attending Wordfast training events does NOT require owning a Wordfast license beforehand.
Wordfast Pro Beginner's Course — 19 & 26 January and 2 February 2021
Online course, consisting of a self-paced primer and 3 live sessions (total duration: 6 hours).
This training is devoted to setting up and using the general features of Wordfast Pro, version 5.19 or above. Practical exercises will focus on creating and using glossaries and translation memories as well as other important resources. This course is for translators who are new to CAT tools or Wordfast or who have been using Wordfast Pro without any formal training.
Session 0: Self-paced (approx. 1.5 hours), to be completed before January 17
- What are and why use CAT tools?
- Segmentation, translation memories, terminology
- Downloading and installing Wordfast Pro
- Troubleshooting, tech support & user forums
- Translation and workflow assignments
Session 1: Tuesday, 19 January 2021, 4:00-5:30 PM GMT
- Clarifying concepts: what is a TM, a segment, Glossary, MT, TXLF
- Creating a translation project, a TM and a glossary
- Committing segments and adding glossary terms
- Translating with machine translation (MT)
- Saving your translated file
Session 2: Tuesday, 26 January 2021, 4:00-5:30 PM GMT
- Customizing your workspace
- Working in the editor (functions and buttons)
- Handling tags, fuzzy matches and repetitions
- Using live preview
- Segmentation settings
Session 3: Tuesday, 2 February 2021, 4:00-5:30 PM GMT
- Analyzing files and pricing
- Spellchecking and quality control (Transcheck)
- What is a GLP package (import/export)
- Organizing your projects
- Connecting to remote resources
- Fuzzy threshold
Philippe Locquet is a plurilingual translator. As a translation technology enthusiast, he shares useful information through trainings, his YouTube channel Fi2Pro and social media. He is Wordfast Academic Program Manager helping academic institutions get the most out of Wordfast to train the next generation of professional translators. Philippe also creates, cleans, shares and maintains securely Translation Memories and Glossaries for his customers.
- USD 49 (excl. tax) for Early Registration, before January 1, 2020 (GMT)
- USD 69 (excl. tax) for Normal Registration, between January 1 and 19, 2021 (GMT)
Sign up to receive notifications about future training opportunities
- You are NOT required to have a Wordfast Pro license to attend this training course.
- Participants who attend at least two of three live sessions will be entitled to a 25% discount on the purchase of a new Wordfast Pro license at the end of the training.
- The course consists of 3 live sessions and you should attend all of them; the above-mentioned fee covers all the sessions.
- Sessions will be recorded so that you can watch them if you missed any or if you want to revise them.