WFP installation fails because it cannot write ApplicationDescription to key
Could not write value ApplicationDescription to key \SOFTWARE\Wordfast LLC\Wordfast Pro\Capabilities. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
- Shut down all programs and restart your computer.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and uninstall Wordfast Pro if it's installed.
- Download the installer from our website and start a fresh installation.
- When prompted for the installation type, choose Everybody (all users). Finish the installation steps.
- Go to the Wordfast Pro icon on the desktop, right-click it, and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" is unchecked.
- Check the box "Run this program as an administrator" and press Apply.
- Press "Change settings for all users".
- Repeat steps 7 and 8.
- Press OK for each window.
- Double-click on the icon to start the program.