WFP installation fails because it cannot write ApplicationDescription to key
You cannot install Wordfast Pro 5 in Windows. The error message reads Could not write value ApplicationDescription to key \SOFTWARE\Wordfast LLC\Wordfast Pro\Capabilities. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
- Shut down all programs and restart PC.
- Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and uninstall Wordfast Pro 5 if it's installed.
- Download the installer from our website and start a fresh install.
- When prompted for installation type, choose Everybody (all users). Finish the installation steps.
- Go to the Wordfast Pro icon on the desktop, right-click it, and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure the option Run this program in compatibility mode for: is unchecked.
- Check the box Run this program as an administrator and press Apply.
- Press Change settings for all users.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8.
- Press OK for each window.
- Double-click on the icon to start the program.