Translating Mindjet MindManager Files
- The MMAP file is a compressed archive. When I changed its extension to ZIP, I was able to Extract its contents. I copied Document.xml to translate it.
- If you open Document.xml in a text editor, you will see that the translatable parts are identified in the attribute: PlainText.
- To translate Document.xml in Wordfast Pro, I just created a very simple two-line *.properties file (click here to download it)
- To open the XML file in Wordfast Pro, go to Edit menu > Preferences > Formats > New > Text-based Filter.
- Click the [...] button to locate the (*.properties) file. Make sure the "Extension" textbox shows *.xml and save the settings (OK).
- Now, you should be able to open the XML file in WFP (File menu > Open file).
- After translation, replace the original Document.xml with the translated one, zip the files again, and restore the MMAP extension.
- Now, you should be able to open the translated MMAP in Mindjet MindManager Professional.
Here is a quick demonstration showing the steps.
I think it would be much easier if the Mindjet MindManager developers add a two-way option to the application itself for importing and exporting back the XML file.
--Yasmin Moslem 05 June 2012
Version: Wordfast Pro 5 5.7.0.RC2 Operating System: macOS
Updated by Star 03:30, 15 January 2019 (CEST)