Licensing and demo mode
A license is a contractual agreement between Wordfast LLC and the user to use the WFS software within certain limitations. A license is materialized as a code issued by the licensing party—usually Wordfast LLC—in response to a given Install number. The Install number of a WFS installation is found in the Setup > General pane. That number, as well as WFS’ version number, have to be provided to license Wordfast Server.
How to Download and License Wordfast Server
Once installed, to license Wordfast Server, follow these steps:
- Log in at Wordfast website (www.wordfast.net) with your login email and password.
- Click License/Relicense/Renew.
- If there is more than one license in the list, select a valid Wordfast Server license by clicking on the circle in the lefthand column. The activation key will be generated for that license.
- Start Wordfast Server, click the Setup tab, then click 'General'.
- Copy the twelve-character install number from Wordfast Server and paste it in the www.wordfast.net form.
- Type in the version number on the www.wordfast.net form as it is written in the title bar of Wordfast Server (e.g. 18.104.22.1687c), without the hyphen and bit number (e.g. “- x64”).
- Click on "Generate License" to obtain a license.
- Copy, then paste the license number into the WFServer License text box, click the 'Activate' button. The red Demo mode warning should stop flashing, and the License text box should now have a white background. You may need to restart Wordfast Server.
- If you don't see this button right after login on the website, go to support / my account menu on the website.