|(8 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)|
certain rows and columns in Excel files, please follow the steps: |+|
To exclude rows columns in Excel , the :
| || |
|−|1. Go to '''''Preferences''''' by clicking the ''''' Wordfast Pro''''' dropdown on the upper-left corner.< br> |+|
|−|2. Click '''''Filters''''' under 'New Project Preferences'.< br> |+|
'''''''''' .<>. under Project .<>
|−|3. In 'Available filters', choose the filter that matches your Excel file format (such as ''.xlsm''). <br> |+|
, choose the filter that matches your Excel file format (such as ''.xlsm'').
|−|4. In 'Format Settings' beneath, make sure 'Skip hidden rows and columns' is ticked. <br> |+|
In , make sure hidden rows and is ticked.
|−|5. Click '''''OK''''' to save changes. <br> |+|
Click '''''OK''''' to save changes.
| || |
|−|After creating a new project and opening the Excel file, the hidden rows and columns won't be visible in segments. |+|
| || |
|−|If in step 3, there is not a filter for Excel files already, click '''''Add''''' to create a new one, and finish step 4 and 5. | |
| || |
|−|Version: Wordfast Pro 5. 7<br> |+|
|−|Operating System: macOS | |
| || |
|−|--[[ User: Byron|Byron]] , 19 January 2019 |+|
When you translate an Excel file, Wordfast Pro (WFP) allows you to exclude selected rows or columns. To exclude them, follow these two steps: First, make sure the not-to-be-translated rows or columns are hidden in the Excel file. Second, make sure the required setting is activated WFP:
- From the “Project List” view, go to Preferences .
- Click Filters under “New Project Preferences”.
- Under “Available filters”, choose the filter that matches your Excel file format (such as .xlsm).
- In “Format Settings” box, make sure “Skip hidden rows and columns” is ticked.
- Click OK to save changes.
After you create a new project in WFP, hidden rows and columns will not be extracted for translation from Excel files. For complex Excel files, you can also use an XML configuration file to specify columns/rows to be translated.
- ↑ Note that any changes made under “New Project Preferences” will only affect future projects. If you want to change the preferences of an existing project, you need to open the project first, then modify preferences under “Current Project Preferences”. Furthermore, when re-using a project as a template during the project creation wizard, the project being created will inherit the preferences of the re-used project.