Connecting to IATE glossaries
Wordfast has uploaded publicly available IATE glossaries to our Wordfast Anywhere server so they can be accessed by Wordfast Pro users free of charge.
Please note that you must have a fully-functional version of Wordfast Pro in order to connect to these remote IATE glossaries. You can request a 30-day free trial license for Wordfast Pro 5 from our website.
To use an IATE glossary in Wordfast Pro, you need to create and account on Wordfast Anywhere, add the remote IATE glossary for your language pair, then share it and generate an API key. To make thing easier for you, we have created API keys for some of the most frequently used language pairs:
|Source Language||Target Language||API Key|
Wordfast Pro 5
- Select and copy the API key for your language pair in the table above.
- From any open project in the Current Project view, click on the Project Terminology tab, click on the Connect to Remote icon, then the WFA Server tab.
- Give the glossary a symbolic name (whatever you want to call it, e.g. iate_fr_en for the French to English IATE glossary).
- Paste (using + or + ) the API key from the table above in the API key field.
- Change the Priority from Primary to Secondary.
- Click on Test.
- Click on OK.
Note: the TM will automatically be set to read-only once you click on OK.
Version: Wordfast Pro 5.8
Operating System: macOS
Wordfast Pro 3
To use the IATE glossaries in Wordfast Pro 3:
- From the menu bar, go to 'Terminology > New/Select Glossary > TM List > Add then click on the Wordfast Anywhere tab.
- Give the IATE glossary a symbolic name (whatever you want to call it, e.g. iate_fr_en for the French to English IATE glossary).
- Paste (using + or + ) the API key from the table above in the API Key field.
- Click on the Test... button.
- Click on OK.
--John 14:10, 27 March 2018 (CEST)
Updated by Byron, 10 January 2019