How can I install and license my Wordfast?
The licensing terms and conditions are set in the Wordfast End-User License Agreement (EULA). It's a short, useful document. Make sure you don't ignore it.
Download and License Wordfast Classic
Log in to your account at our website (www.wordfast.net) and download the latest version of Wordfast Classic. The download is a ZIP file and contains both the program file (Wordfast.dot) and installation instructions (WFReadMe.doc).
Extract (unzip) the ZIP file and then follow the instructions in the WFReadMe file and/or see How to install Wordfast Classic.
When you start using Wordfast Classic (6.0 or newer) in MS Word on your computer, it will license itself automatically, supposing your computer has internet access. The status of your license should be shown on the [?] tab in Wordfast Classic.
For details about Wordfast Classic licensing, see how to license Wordfast Classic.
Download and License Wordfast Pro 3
Second, license your Wordfast Pro 3 installation by following these instructions how to license Wordfast Pro 3.
Download and License Wordfast Pro 5
Second, license your Wordfast Pro 5 installation by following these instructions how to license Wordfast Pro 5.
Download and License Wordfast Server
Once installed, to license Wordfast Server, follow these steps:
- Log in at Wordfast website (www.wordfast.net) with your login email and password.
- Click License/Relicense/Renew.
- If there is more than one license in the list, select a valid Wordfast Server license by clicking on the circle in the lefthand column. The activation key will be generated for that license.
- Start Wordfast Server, click the Setup tab, then click 'General'.
- Copy the twelve-character install number from Wordfast Server and paste it in the www.wordfast.net form.
- Type in the version number on the www.wordfast.net form as it is written in the title bar of Wordfast Server (e.g. 126.96.36.1997c), without the word “pro”.
- Click on "Generate License" to obtain a license.
- Copy, then paste the license number into the WFServer License textbox, click the 'Activate' button. The red Demo mode warning should stop flashing, and the License textbox should now have a white background. You may need to restart Wordfast Server.
Manuals and Help
- For main concepts and features, see this wiki guide.
- Download the Wordfast Classic 6 user manual.
- Watch Wordfast Classic videos.
Wordfast Pro 3:
- Navigate the Wordfast Pro up-to-date online help.
- Watch this video Wordfast Pro Step by Step Translation Session and these videos.
- Download Wordfast Pro 3.0 user guide (PDF).
Wordfast Pro 5:
- Navigate the Wordfast Pro 5 up-to-date online help.
- Watch this video Translating with Wordfast Pro 5.
- Download the Wordfast Pro 5 Manual (PDF).
- Read the manual which is included in the Wordfast Server software zip file.
- Download the Wordfast Server quickstart set-up guide.
- Watch the video How to setup Wordfast Server for use with Wordfast Pro.
- Use this Wordfast Wiki.
- Subscribe to our Wordfast YouTube Channel.
- If none of this helps, contact the Wordfast support team.
- If you don't see this button right after login on the website, go to support / my account menu on the website.
--John 02:22, 27 December 2017 (CET)