| || || |
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR WORDFAST LLC CLIENTS
to opt out of all emails and communications from us: scroll to the end of this page.
Your privacy is very important to us. This policy outlines who we are, what personal information we collect, how we use it, and how you may update your personal information.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data of European citizens or residents (“EU Personal Data”) is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (referred to herein as the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Wordfast LLC and/or our affiliates or subsidiaries (collectively, “Wordfast”) is in receipt of your personal information pursuant to a contract or other agreement between Wordfast and one of our clients. This means that our client is the data “controller” who determines the purposes and means by which Wordfast, as data “processor,” processes your personal data, including sending to third party applications where required by a Wordfast client.
How do we process your personal data?
Wordfast complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure, and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Your personal data that was provided to Wordfast will be stored in Wordfast’s data centers in the United States and/or Europe for the purpose of providing you with access to our suite of services, technology platforms, and solutions.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide access to Wordfast’s suite of services, technology platforms, and solutions.
- To administer and manage user accounts and take action with respect to user accounts.
- To provide user support, aka "hotline".
- To look into any complaints or questions you may raise.
- To inform you of opportunities, events and activities we or the Wordfast client are undertaking (e.g. upgrades, downtime, training, feedback).
- To update you on any changes or improvements in the technology products.
- To gather business intelligence about usage trends which may be derived from personal information.v
- To transmit data directly to another data processor, to a client of Wordfast or to a client of a Wordfast client in connection with services being rendered to any such parties.
What type of personal data do we have?
The personal data about you that we retain allows you to successfully work in our technology products and is usually limited to the following:
- Your name, email address, and a username created within the system.
- Your IP address while using the system.
- Your country of residence or time zone.
- The company you are directly working for or providing services to while using the system.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We are processing your personal information under several legal bases, including because it is:
- necessary for compliance with our legal obligations;
- necessary for the performance of a contract between Wordfast and a Wordfast client or between you and a Wordfast client (e.g., to allow you to submit or execute projects using the technology products);
- necessary for our legitimate business interests (e.g., engaging with Wordfast clients in order to satisfy contract requirements and for record keeping purposes);
- necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to your consent.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only internally among Wordfast employees and in certain limited circumstances, with third parties, such as other technology applications with respect to which Wordfast’s client has directed Wordfast to integrate.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for our ongoing business relationship and for record keeping purposes and in case of any legal claims or complaints.
Your rights and your personal data
If you are a European citizen or resident, you have the following rights under the GDPR with respect to your personal data (unless an exemption applies):
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Wordfast holds about you.
- The right to request that Wordfast corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Wordfast to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to request that Wordfast provide you, as the data subject, with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with governmental agencies or Data Protection Authorities as provided for in the GDPR.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Your personal data will be stored in Wordfast’s data center in the United States. Wordfast is Privacy Shield certified and a regular user of EU Model Clauses. Both programs to transfer personal data from Europe to the U.S. will remain valid and available under the GDPR.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please contact:
Data Privacy Officer
To opt out of Wordfast processing your personal data, visit Wordfast’s Opt-Out Portal after logging in at www.wordfast.net. The login form at www.wordfast.net has a password recovery scheme in case your email or password has been forgotten. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have serious reasons to believe we hold personal information about you, but cannot remember under which name or email address your data was registered on our servers. Please note that if you opt-out, you will no longer have access to Wordfast’s suite of services, technology platforms, and solutions.
If you are a European citizen or resident and you wish to exercise your rights to data rectification, erasure, portability, access, and/or restricted processing, please email privacyrequests@Wordfast.com.